- Cork contaminated by "Trichloranisole", or TCA
- Musty, dank, mouldy smell and an off taste
Crystals found in some wines harmful?
- Tartaric Acid Crystals" (known as "Tartrates") are neither harmful to the drinker nor
- Wine becomes very cold, or if the wine is old
Wine is cloudy or fizzy?
- Cloudiness usually indicates the growth of yeast or bacteria
- Fizziness means the wine has undergone an unintentional second fermentation in
Wine that smells and tastes of vinegar?
Wines smell of "struck matches"?
- Caused by excessive SO2 (sulphur dioxide )
- Helps prevent oxidization and stabilize wine.